We are seeking a Head Chef to lead our Kitchen team. The successful candidate will help manage all areas of the catering department, . The hotel has a very busy corporate trade during the week with more leisure and tourist business at the weekend and a very healthy wedding and function business.
To effectively manage the kitchen team to achieving the highest standard of food production. To control and manage the food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients in accordance with the Company’s sourcing policy and control production and portions in line with agreed specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be aware of and understand the Company policy in respect of sourcing ingredients and ensure all chefs and kitchen staff understands and employ these policies consistently
- To work with the kitchen brigade to develop menus and offers which reflect customer demand and support the objectives of the hotel
- Through the effective use of company documentation ensure that all relevant control procedures are in place to deliver accurate production records and effective waste management
- To manage the agreed food cost targets in line with the agreed budget.
- Recommend and promote new menu ideas and special food events/special days
- To ensure the entire kitchen team are aware of their responsibilities in respect of health and safety in the workplace and have the minimum qualifications and training to work in a kitchen environment
- To ensure that the company food hygiene management system is in place and fully understood by all the team
- To ensure that the kitchen team comply with the policy on personal hygiene and uniform
- Ensure that there is a strict adherence to regulations where applicable
- To undertake regular audits of all areas within the kitchen and storage areas to ensure complete adherence to agreed policies
- Develop a relationship and seeking advice and guidance as necessary
- To ensure cleaning rotas are operational throughout the food production and service areas
- Encourage employees to work safely and lookout for the safety fellow workers and customers
- Ensure that all equipment is working safely and compliant with manufacturers guidelines for operation reporting any failures to the manager
- To ensure all new starters receive a thorough induction and are given all the initial help they need to achieve the required standards in their new job
- With the support of the Management Team equip all members of the kitchen team with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to do their job successfully either through specific training courses or on-job coaching
- Support all members of the team to reach their full potential and give them the opportunity to develop their career
- To ensure effective channels of communication at all levels so every member of the team is aware of the contract objectives and the part they play in its delivery
- Trade test all new culinary staff prior to job offers being made and take an active role in the selection of new team members
- To actively seek out customer comment and feedback in respect of the service through face to face contact during service times
- To work with the Management Team to agree actions following customer feedback
- Ensure members of the culinary team receive customer service training and understands the importance of making every customer feel special and enjoy the experience of dining in our restaurant
- To understand the catering budget and work to the agreed targets on food cost, labour hours, sundries, and wastage
- To ensure that the company control procedures in respect of food production, portion control and stock management are fully implemented
- To complete all goods received and commodity stock sheets on the in-unit trading system in a timely and accurate manner
- To work with the Management Team to identify efficiencies through innovative working practices
- To be an active member of the management team and support colleagues in the achievement of their KPI’s
- To attend team meetings as required and contribute to the development and growth of the business through the sharing of good practice and your own experiences
Food and Beverage Manager
We are seeking a Hotel Food and Beverage to lead our team. The successful candidate will help manage all areas of the food and beverage department, including the bar, restaurant, reception, conference and banqueting. The hotel has a very busy corporate trade during the week with more leisure and tourist business at the weekend and a very healthy wedding and function business.
As Food and Beverage Manager you will play a pivotal role in the smooth running of the food and beverage operation and event management for conference and weddings. You must ensure good communication between all departments and take responsibility for any problems should they arise. Very hands on and customer facing, you will be responsible for dealing with any customer issues, promoting a customer focused culture and providing the highest levels of customer service and standards. The role will be working in and covering all departments of the hotel and its functions. You will manage in a hands on capacity, mulit-tasking with the support of the hotels HOD's and Team Leaders. The shifts worked will be a variety of early, day shifts and late shifts, reporting to the food & beverage manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to use and develop your varied skills.
Summary of Role Criteria
- Must be highly customer focused, hands on, with good communication skills and the ability to manage situations effectively.
- Positive can do attitude is essential.
- Experience preferred in working in a quality 3 star environment or boutique hotel, but not essential.
- Must be able to manage in a multifunctional environment
- Prepared to get stuck in to work and to continue to improve on previous success.
- Work with a team in an almost family-like environment whilst still maintaining standards, training and encouraging a team.
- Personable and approachable.
- You MUST be cost aware - as this is a privately owned hotel this is very important.
To be suitable for one of our positions you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please send your c.v or an introductory letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full- time Breakfast Chef
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic breakfast chef to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, fast leaner, committed, and adaptable and have great interpersonal and communication skills along with a positive attitude and aptitude
Your role will involve the preparation and services of food, ensuring that high standards are maintained at all times.
Other skills that need to be demonstrated include:
- A passion for food and developing your own culinary skills
- Competed or completing NVQ or equivalent food production related qualification
- Strong Customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
Experience of rosette standards or Al A Carte menus preferred but not essential. Please send your c.v or an introductory letter to email@example.com
Bar staff required
Over 18 a prerequisite previous experience preferred but not essential.
Part time waiter and waitresses’ required for restaurant work and function work